Sharing what we stand for
Our purpose within the Faculty of Health and Dalhousie communities and beyond.
To support the professional, academic, social, and financial needs and interests of PhD in Health students at Dalhousie University.
To foster an environment for professional and social growth that equips students with the skills necessary to excel within the program and beyond.
The PhD Health Student Society operates from an anti-oppression and anti-racism lens. We have three core values:
EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
- We create and host events that meet and reflect the diverse needs of PhD in Health students.
- We provide low-barrier opportunities for all students to participate in Society activities and feel connected to the greater PhD in Health community.
- We welcome student feedback to tailor Society activities to best represent students’ needs.
- We support all interested PhD in Health students in contributing their time and ideas as part of the executive team.
- We are accountable to our student community and strive to maintain open and honest communication with the students we serve.
- We are committed to advocating on behalf of PhD in Health students to the Faculty of Health, Dalhousie Association of Graduate Students (DAGS), and the Dalhousie Student Union (DSU) to strengthen and improve the graduate student experience for our students.